Reasons For Quitting...
Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable death in the United States. Over 11,000 Georgians die every year from tobacco-related illness. That is one out of every six deaths in adult Georgians. In DeKalb, there is an estimated 67, 223 adult smokers.
Of those, 13% are Non-Hispanic Whites, 19% non-Hispanic Blacks and 15% others. In addition, 13% of DeKalb’s high school students use tobacco and 34% have ever tried smoking a cigarette, according to the 2010 Youth Risk Behavior Survey.
- I want to breathe easier.
- I want to enjoy the smell and taste of food.
- I want to save money.
- I don’t want to expose others to secondhand smoke.
- I want to lower my risk of cancer, heart attack, and stroke.
- I want to make my family proud.
Need help to Quit Smoking