DECATUR, Ga. – As the new school year draws closer, parents with school-aged children never seem to have enough time to get everything done. In the next two weeks, the DeKalb County Board of Health is giving parents an extra two hours by staying open later.
The Board of Health centers will be open from 8:15 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Monday, July 30, through Thursday, Aug. 2, and Monday, Aug. 6, through Wednesday, Aug. 8. Services include immunizations; vision, hearing, dental and nutrition screenings; and sports physicals. The Vital Records office, in the Richardson Health Center, will also be open late for those needing birth certificates for children born in Georgia. No appointment is necessary.
All health centers and Vital Records will observe normal hours of operation, 8:15 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., on Friday, Aug. 3.
The health center locations are:
- Clifton Springs Health Center, 3110 Clifton Springs Rd., Decatur.
- East DeKalb Health Center, 2277 S. Stone Mountain-Lithonia Rd., Lithonia.
- North DeKalb Health Center, 3807 Clairmont Rd., NE, Chamblee.
- Richardson Health Center (Vital Records), 445 Winn Way, Decatur.
- T.O. Vinson Health Center, 440 Winn Way, Decatur.
Parents should bring:
- Each child and his/her immunization record.
- Cash, a debit or credit card, or a check drawn from a Georgia bank.
- Each child’s insurance card. We accept Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids and State Health Benefit Plan (Blue Cross/Blue Shield and United HealthCare). Other insurance plans may be accepted. Please call to verify.
For more information about school health entry requirements or any of the DeKalb County Board of Health’s services and programs, visit www.dekalbhealth.net or call (404) 294-3700.