Become a Volunteer
There are many ways you can help to improve DeKalb’s health. Discover how you can get involved in ensuring safer, healthier and longer lives.
- Working with community groups to promote wellness.
- Assisting in a clinic or office.
- Developing awareness campaigns.
- Helping to strengthen emergency response and community resilience.
- And . . . there are always new opportunities.
Benefits of volunteering
- Helping to improve DeKalb’s health.
- Accomplishing rewarding work.
- Getting to know your community.
- Acquiring knowledge, skills and experience.
- Gaining exposure to the medical, public health and social service fields.
- Your placement will be designed to meet your interests and schedule.
- Opportunities are available mainly during weekdays.
- There are both short-term and long-term opportunities.
- Facilities are located throughout DeKalb County.
- All facilities have free parking and are on MARTA.
- Volunteers as young as 16 are welcome.
- All applicants receive criminal background checks.