Procedures to obtain a Body Crafter Permit
This permit allows you to perform body crafting (tattooing, piercing) in permitted body craft studios in DeKalb County, Georgia.
- Complete the following training and obtain valid documents to demonstrate you have the required training:
- First Aid Training – OSHA approved
- CPR Training – OSHA approved
- Blood-borne Pathogen Training – OSHA approved
The documents you obtain should have the name of the certified instructor or training facility that performed the training, the date that the training expires, and your name as it appears on your I.D. The DeKalb County Division of Environmental Health may choose to verify your training at any time.
- Obtain and fill out the application for body crafter from the DeKalb County Division of Environmental Health. Please fill out this application truthfully and completely. Be aware that if the application is found to have false or misleading information, your permit may be revoked.
- Bring your certifications, application and valid I.D. to the Division of Environmental Health, 445 Winn Way, Suite 320, Decatur, GA 30030. There is a $100 annual permit fee. Depending upon verification of your certifications, application and ID, your permit may be issued at that time.
- If information on your application or ID changes (such as your address, phone number, etc), please provide us with an updated version as soon as possible. If you change the place of your employment, please inform us as soon as possible.
- By obtaining your permit, you are agreeing to abide by the Rules and Regulations for Body Crafting, Chapter 13, Article XI, Code of DeKalb County, GA, Sections 13-300 to 13-325. Your permit only allows you to perform body crafting procedures in a permitted body craft studio.