The Live Healthy DeKalb coalition is a group of local organizations and residents working to create a healthier DeKalb County. Live Healthy DeKalb (LHD) has been active since 2005, after the merger of two similar coalitions.
LHD offers training, education and technical support through a network of community partners and volunteers. It supports chronic disease prevention initiatives across four domains: community, faith-based organizations, worksites and schools.
LHD’s mission is to build a community network through collaborations and partnerships and to improve the health of those who live, work and play in DeKalb County, Georgia.
LHD’s goals are:
- To improve the overall status of health for those who live, work and play in DeKalb County.
- To increase knowledge of community issues.
- To expand partnerships in the community.
- To eliminate health disparities and increase the accessibility of health services.
Who We Are
LHD is a group of diverse agencies and residents that represent all segments in DeKalb County. Members include:
- County agencies and cities, such as the City of Clarkston.
- Non-profit and voluntary groups such as the Center for Pan Asian Community Services and Georgians Against Smoking Pollution.
- Entities such as hospitals, insurance companies, universities and outpatient healthcare providers.
What We Do
- Hosts meetings in alternate months to network and share information related to reducing health disparities, increasing physical activity, improving nutrition, increasing environmental consciousness and eliminating exposure to tobacco and tobacco smoke.
- Creates a presence in the community by providing awareness, outreach and education.
- Networks and builds relationships with others.
- Stays current on issues and resources in our community.
- Promotes and supports member agencies’ activities.
- Discusses, strategizes and takes action on legislative happenings.
- Provides professional development workshops.
The benefits of being a Live Healthy DeKalb member are:
- Networking and collaborating with fellow members.
- Sharing information and learning about members’ events and activities.
- Having access to DeKalb County data.
- Having access to fellow coalition members to help with community events.
- Having professional development training opportunities.
- Receiving coalition members’ in-kind contributions of time, materials and meeting space.
Fill out the membership profile to become a member