ACCESSING A DEATH CERTIFICATE
Certified Death certificates are available to applicants having a direct and tangible interest, primary family members, or legal representatives of the family.
You will be required to enter the following information about the person whose death certificate you are requesting:
- First name.
- Last name.
- Month, day and year of death.
- County where death occured.
To order a death certificate, you will be required to upload a copy of your official photo identification (ID) as a pdf, jpg, jpeg or png file.
The following are official photo IDs:
- State of Georgia driver's license.
- Photo ID card issued by a government agency.
- Photo ID card issued by an employer.
- Photo ID card issued by a college or university.
- Resident Alien Card (Form I-551 issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services).
- Temporary Resident Alien Card (Form I-668 issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services).
- Government passport issued by a country.
- Military ID card issued by the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Matricula card.
PURCHASING A DEATH CERTIFICATE
Georgia law requires payment before a service can be provided.
The fee for a death record search is $25. If the record is found, the first copy of the certificate is free. Additional copies can be ordered at the same time for $5 each. Certificates are sent via the U.S. Postal Service by first class mail and a shipping and handling fee is charged. All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
*All payments will be processed through PayPal. PayPal accepts all major credit cards*